How amazing is that before and after?! Last weekend I got to shoot my friend Jen’s kitchen (and a bit of her living room if you scroll down). Jen and her boyfriend Tyler live in a condo in Lincoln Park and recently re-did their kitchen. Here’s what it used to look like:
Two weeks later…
Such a difference! I’m obviously a fan of a white kitchen (Exhibit A: my condo kitchen makeover, Exhibit B: The Apartment). In addition to the white cabinets and new appliances, I was a huge fan of the marble subway tile backsplash, the countertops and the white trim. It’s amazing how much a few changes can brighten up a space!
Here’s what Jen had to say:
What was your inspiration for the space?
I have been pinning kitchens on my Pinterest board for years, so I basically went with themes that kept popping up in the spaces I pinned. I also knew I wanted to keep things as light and bright as possible because our condo doesn’t get a lot of natural light.
What was your favorite part of the remodel?
The backsplash, taking it all the way up to the ceiling was our best decision! I’m also happy with the way the cabinets turned out, people think we replaced them but it’s just paint.
As always, resources for everything you see here listed at the bottom of the post. Enjoy the tour!
- Countertops: Vicostone Quartz, Color: Uliano
- Cabinet Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Simply White
- Walls: Behr Silver Drop
- Faucet: Bianco Sonoma Single Handle Deck Mounted Standard Kitchen Faucet
- Cabinet Hardware: Polished Nickel Pulls
- Stools: Saddle stools – Can we talk about how affordable these are!?
- Backsplash: Floor and Décor; 2×4 Marble subway tile