Last year around this time I posted a round up of my top 6 posts and some 2016 goals.
These were the goals.
1. Home tours: I want to start doing home tours of other people’s homes. If you live in the Chicagoland area send me an email!
2. Finishing the extra bedroom/office/guest room: Right now there’s a hole in the ceiling. It has to do with the radiators. It’s getting fixed soon but the room still needs to come together a bit.
Ha. Well, the ceiling doesn’t have a hole anymore so that’s something. I didn’t do much with that room but I did upgrade my bedroom and I absolutely love it, so I’ll offer this post as tribute.
3. Posting more: Eek. Lofty goal. I’m thinking once a week or once every two weeks. We’ll see how this goes…
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. NOPE. But, I have excuses for this:
- I traveled this year, a lot. For work and for fun. I’ll probably do another post with a 2016 travel recap.
- I got a new job. Woo!
- I coached a lot of hockey
Lesson learned. I won’t resolve to post more this year.
2016 Year in Review
Enough with resolutions. They are silly anyway. This year, I want to drink black coffee. Real goals. On to my 2016 in review. First, a couple fun facts (big surprise, I like numbers):
- My blog had 85,474 views from 59,261 visitors. This is a 97% increase over 2015 (43,389 views)
- 60,029 of those views were from the U.S., the remaining 25K+ were from other countries
- Top referrers to my blog:
- Pinterest: 24,910
- Search: 13,188
- Apartment Therapy: 1,611
- Facebook: 1,059
Alright, on to my top posts. By the way, according to this, I should be a toddler DIY blogger. Not gonna happen.
Best of 2016…
#1: IKEA DUKTIG Play Kitchen Hack
Olivia’s play kitchen took the number one spot with 11,397 views.
#2: DIY First Birthday Cake Smash
See above toddler blogger comment. Olivia’s cake smash took the number two spot with 9,775 views in 2016.
If you’re curious, this is what Olivia looks like now.
To answer the most common concerns of Internet commenters on this one… 1. No, I don’t hit my head on it when it’s open. It’s not in the middle of the room. 2. Yes, I could have put a screen on it instead of doors. But I didn’t want a big screen. I wanted doors.
Here’s the post. It racked in 5,092 views in 2016.
#4: Color Inspiration: Navy, Aqua and Gold
This post is from December 2013. That’s THREE years ago. Holy crapola. Still popular though with 4,785 views in 2016.
#5: Anthro Hack: DIY Anthropologie-Inspired Floor Mirror
I have to confess something with this one… I ended up getting rid of this mirror. I decided to be cheap and bought two thin wood boards. They beveled. The mirror beveled. It basically looks like a carnival mirror and makes everyone in it look about 30 pounds heavier than real life. That’s no fun. But, had I used a good board, none of this would have happened, so I still love the idea and the post 🙂 This one took the fifth spot with 4,518 views.
#6: Painted IKEA VITTSJO Bookcase
Easy project. A ton of other people have done this one too. This post had 3,980 views in 2016.
#7: Choosing a Bedroom Paint Color
I’m glad this one is popular because I love love love the paint color I chose: Benjamin Moore Galapagos Turquoise. This took the seventh spot with 3,577 views.
#8: Mid Century Modern Dining Room
The mid-century modern dining room mood board made the top ten list with 3,372 views.
#9: Color Obsession: Copper and Pink
I didn’t even realize this one was popular until recently when I checked my Pinterest analytics. It makes the top ten list with 2,518 views.
This is another old one (April 2014) but clinched the last spot on the top ten list with 2,138 views.
Now, if I had to pick my favorite posts of the year, they would be:
- Bedroom reveal
- SF, Monterey, Big Sur trip
- My National Parks road trip:
- Christie & Josef’s Evanston Condo
- Sam’s Dallas Apartment